Mold Remediation and Restoration
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
- Highly Trained Mold Remediation Technicians
- Specialized Mold Remediation Equipment
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
Mold is present everywhere in nature, but when it finds its way into your home, business or yacht at elevated levels, you need to call in SERVPRO of Ft. Lauderdale North’s experts to remediate the problem. We will work quickly to isolate the presence of mold and keep it from spreading further throughout your property. We can help prevent damage to structural elements of your property as well as reduce the potential health effects that can result from exposure to mold.
SERVPRO of Ft. Lauderdale North’s technicians are certified in Applied Microbial Remediation by the Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) as well as by the National Organization of Remediators and Mold Inspectors (NORMI). And if duct cleaning needs to be performed as part of the mold remediation protocol, we are also certified by the National Air Duct Cleaners Association (NADCA).
SERVPRO of Ft. Lauderdale North follows the 5 principals of mold remediation detailed in the IICRC S520, the standard and reference guide for professional mold remediation. These include:
- Safety and health
- Project documentation
- Control contaminant at its source
- Removal of contaminant
- Prevent further contamination by correcting the underlying moisture problem.
If You See Signs of Mold,
Call Us Today – (954) 734-1006
Some restoration companies advertise “mold removal” and may even guarantee to remove all mold. This is a fallacy because removing all mold from a house or business is impossible; microscopic mold spores exist almost everywhere, both indoors and outdoors. Here are the facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Why Choose SERVPRO of Ft. Lauderdale North?
We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster
Mold spreads quickly, so a minor mold infestation can quickly escalate into a major problem. We’re dedicated to responding immediately when you contact us. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces cost.
We’re Highly Trained Mold Remediation Specialists
We specialize in water and mold damage restoration, the cornerstone of our business. We have the training and expertise to safely handle any mold situation.
- Applied Microbial Remediation Specialist
- Water Damage Restoration Technician
- Applied Structural Drying Technician
We Use Advanced Mold Remediation Techniques and Equipment
Our initial focus is to stop the source of water feeding the mold. We then isolate the affected area using a negative air pressure chamber. We invest in ongoing mold remediation training and the latest equipment to serve you better
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold damage scenario is different, and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. The steps listed below illustrate our “typical” process:
- Emergency Contact - (954) 734-1006
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Common Mold Misconceptions
It’s easy to understand why many people struggle to grasp the facts and issues surrounding indoor mold because sensational news stories and advertising cloud and obscure the real issues. Educate yourself with the facts about mold and learn about the mold remediation process.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Ft. Lauderdale North is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are proud to provide mold remediation services in our local communities:
We are proud to serve our local communities: