Different Kinds of Water Damage in Lauderdale
Different Kinds of Water Damage Need Different Kinds of Support
Different kinds of water damage can vary based on the degree of contamination in the water. In many Davie Florida and Sunrise Florida homes, you may see these different kinds of water depending on the environment near your home (especially near the Coral Springs Farms or just regular animal owners). Check out what Plantation offers here.
Differentiated by the change and darkness of color, each type of water could cause a different type of property damage. Each type of damage may also require a different intensity of restoration chemicals or equipment and may be damaging to health if exposed to.
Not many people know about the different kinds of water damage
Many usually think of flood caused by a natural disaster or from a nearby water source. While it is usually the case that these different types of water damage can be caused by some nature event of some sort, there are many other ways they can occur. For example:
- House hold appliances may leak, including your fridge, freezer, washing machine, etc
- overflowing sewage or toilets/urinals
- Unattended water sources that overflow like showers, baths or sinks
- Damaged pipes or drainage ports that cause even further issues around the facility
- Compromised shelters allowing outside sources of water to come in
- Natural events that create the destruction of property causing the water damage or water to come in
Different kinds of water can come from different sources, internal or external at times.
But water is water right??
Well not quite. We tend to consider water all the same, but there are definitely different kinds of water and ways to classify them. Each classification has to be treated differently as well.
There are THREE different kinds of water:
- Type 1 – Is the generally safe water. As many consider “clean water” it is not contaminated
- Type 2 – This could also be referred to as “grey Water”, meaning it contains some contamination and would not be sanitary enough for human consumption, this can be because of soap, fat, oil, dust, dirt etc.
- Type 3 – “Black Water”, this is water that is entirely contaminated and usually has disease causing organisms, pathogens, and other dangerous materials. In many cases, black water may contain fecal matter or worse.
Now that you know the different kinds of water
Now you know more about these different kinds of water, you can know how to interact with them or more specifically how NOT to deal with them. Call the restoration professionals who have the proper training and certifications to handle these different types of water damage. We can handle types of dangers so it can be “like it never even happened.”
Give us a call at (954) 733-1006 or visit our website at http://www.SERVPROftlauderdalenorth.com/