Commercial Fire Damage Prevention for Wilton Manors
According to the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), one of the most common causes of commercial fires is electrical and lighting equipment. This type of fire is not easily predicted, as the lighting equipment can look totally fine on the outside in your Wilton Manors home or business. SERVPRO® of Ft. Lauderdale North wants to share the following information about commercial fires and how safety equipment helps to lessen the possibility of fire damage or smoke damage to your property. More importantly proper precautions can also assist in preventing any bodily injury:
- Wet pipe sprinklers installed in the ceilings of commercial buildings are very effective in helping to fight the fire(s)
- Building sprinklers should be examined and tested every 5 years
- There should always be a fire extinguisher in reach inside of a commercial building and they must be checked annually to ensure they are in working order
- If an office building is on fire, exit the building immediately and do not try to fight the fire yourself
- If there is a lot of smoke inside the building, cover your mouth and nose and do your best to not inhale any of it
In the unfortunate event that a commercial building in Wilton Manors does catch fire, rest assured that SERVPRO of Ft. Lauderdale North is prepared to help clean up any fire damage the building/area has sustained. Fort Lauderdale businesses should always practice fire damage prevention to keep our community safe.
SERVPRO of Ft. Lauderdale North is independently owned and operated.