We Are Ready to Respond to Storm Damage Emergencies in Lauderdale-By-The-Sea
Did you know that Florida has the greatest number of thunderstorms in the U.S.? Florida has the three perfect ingredients for producing this type of weather: a moist atmosphere, unstable air and a source of lift. According to the American Red Cross, every year people are killed or seriously injured by severe thunderstorms despite advanced warning. SERVPRO® of Ft. Lauderdale North wants the residents of Lauderdale-By-The-Sea to know that there are steps you can take to prepare your home or business before a thunderstorm. Here are some tips from The American Red Cross:
- Learn about your local community’s emergency warning system for severe thunderstorms
- Discuss thunderstorm safety and lightning safety with all members of your household
- Pick a safe place in your home away from windows to gather during a thunderstorm
- Make a list of items to bring inside in the event of a severe thunderstorm
- Make trees and shrubbery more wind resistant by keeping them trimmed
- Protect your animals by ensuring that any outside buildings that house them are protected in the same way as your home
- Get trained in first aid and learn how to respond to emergencies
SERVPRO® of Ft. Lauderdale North wants commercial business and residential property owners to know that we are available 24 hours a day to clean and restore your storm damage in Lauderdale-By-The-Sea “Like it never even happened.” Call us today at 954-733-1066.
SERVPRO® of Ft. Lauderdale North is Independently Owned and Operated.