After A Fire - Call The Ft. Lauderdale Professionals
Protect Your Property After the Fire
One of the most terrible experiences a family can have is dealing with the aftermath of a fire. The destructive force of a fire is life threatening. Besides dealing with the safety aspects of surviving a fire catastrophe, many families face the harsh reality even more after the flames are put out.
Fires don’t just damage homes and property, they leave damage within each and every one of us.
After the Fire Fighters, We Respond Fast
SERVPRO of Ft. Lauderdale North is here to help you and your family do as much as possible to prevent further damage after the fire. Many involved in property fire incidents don’t realize that your home or business may still be in danger after the fire because of potential damage to the infrastructure of the building, so keeping safety in mind as you proceed is a major key.
As for the damage within the building, the first two days after the damage has occurred are the most sensitive to managing how much restoration can really help or not. Because of this and the safety issue we mentioned prior, it is very important that you contact a professional immediately! Our team at SERVPRO of Fort Lauderdale North is here to support you in your time of need. After you call us, practice these tips to prevent further damage to your property:
- Don’t go in and out of the space, limit the movement to reduce the spread of soot particles
- If you must move through the structure, put clean towels or used linens on the high traffic areas or the furniture
- Do not wash any walls or painted surfaces
- Do not touch any electrical equipment
- Do not attempt to shampoo any carpet or upholstery
- You may coat chrome fixtures, trim and appliances of with petroleum jelly or oil
- If you have something like wood blocks or aluminum foil, you can place it between the legs of furniture and wet flooring or carpet to prevent more damage to the furniture
- Do not send clothing to the dry cleaners, improper cleaning can further damage the item
You have to get your life back to normal after a disaster, but if you attempt to clean up the damage yourself, you may cause more damage. We hope you never have to call us, but unfortunately, accidents and emergencies happen and when they do, we work hard for you to make it “Like it never even happened.”
Learn more about our team at SERVPRO of Ft. Lauderdale North here: http://ow.ly/LYpy50CcDIG
To learn more about what we are doing to protect you, your family, your employees and our team click here: http://ow.ly/uZ9k50CcDOV
You've got the support, always here to help.
We've supported hundreds of families and businesses like yours before. You are not alone. Whether reactive or preventative, our team can jump into action to make sure things are a success.
Give SERVPRO of Ft. Lauderdale North a call at (954) 733-1006 or visit our website at http://www.SERVPROftlauderdalenorth.com/
Follow our Social media for exclusive tips on dealing with mold, fires, water damage and more: SERVPRO of Ft. Lauderdale North
Check out our videos - http://ow.ly/gFWD50CcE2s